No need to stand on your head, bend like a pretzel, or wear fancy yoga clothes. Simply bring a yoga mat and chair, wear comfortable clothing, and begin your journey to better health. New and continuing students will learn breathing techniques and meditation to calm the mind, as well as, fundamental principles of yoga to strengthen the body.
This class is designed for students of all levels including those with chronic health conditions or those recovering from an accident/injury. Students calm their minds with breathing techniques, meditation and practice sitting and standing poses using the chair for stability to improve balance, strength, and flexibility. Variations are provided for each student’s individualized needs.
Peaceful Heart Yoga has changed my life. The EMYoga Chair class energizes my body and gives me hope. I look forward to the Online Classes each week and have learned to practice EMYoga at home.”-Sheri
Physical and mental health benefits from practicing daily:
- Reduces anxiety
- Decreases stress
- Lowers blood pressure
- Helps with pain management
- Improves circulation
- Builds strength
How do I prepare for an online class?
- Students should consult with their health professional before starting any new exercise regime.
- Follow the instructions with setting up zoom account.
- Clear a safe space to practice without obstacles and distractions.
- Select a firm, supportive chair for the practice.
- Allow space around the chair to move without obstacles.
- Use yoga mat if wearing socks to avoid slipping.
- Arrive a few minutes early for class to set up your cell phone, lap-top or ipad so you can easily view the instructor on ‘speaker view’. (Some students connect their device to the television set to view with a big screen.)
What do I wear?
Wear loose and comfortable clothing.
What kind of chair do I need?
Select a firm, supportive chair, preferably without arm rests.
What if I have injuries or illness?
Chair EMYoga/Qigong can be practiced by EVERY body, including those with injuries and chronic health conditions. Students are encouraged to stay in their comfort zone and move at their own pace with breath. If something hurts do not do it or adjust as needed for your body. Seated and standing poses are practiced using the chair as support but everyone has the option to remain seated the entire class whenever needed. It is the student’s responsibility to honor their body and remain safe throughout all classes.