How do I prepare for an online class?
There is no prior experience needed to attend a class.
SET UP FREE ZOOM ACCOUNT:
1. Go to https://zoom.us for a basic Zoom account.
2. Click orange ‘Sign up for FREE’ button.
3. Follow prompts to set up a free account and confirm email.
4. Click blue ‘Activate Account’ button in email and enter requested information
5. Click on orange ‘Continue’ button and confirm you are not a robot
6. Click on ‘Start Meeting’ to test meeting and become familiar with set-up.
ONLINE CLASS INSTRUCTIONS:
1. Set up your yoga mat, accessories, and/or chair* for class before logging on and adjust the lighting in the room if needed.
2. Turn off all devices not in use to minimize or eliminate distractions and background noise.
3. Log into Zoom account/app on your computer or device at least 5-10 minutes before scheduled class start time.
4.Make sure you type your ‘Name’ when asked, before logging into a meeting so the Host can identify you for admittance to classes.
5. Enter Meeting ID number and Password (Peaceful Heart will email this information prior to the scheduled class time.)
6. All students will be in ‘Waiting Room’ until the Host/Instructor admits students when class begins.
7. Select the ‘Video’ option on bottom left of screen so Instructor can see you.
8. Select ‘Speaker View’ on top right to focus solely on the teacher for a safe practice. (*For the Chair Yoga Class, use firm, supportive chair with no arm rests.)
Unfortunately, late admittance is not possible once class begins. It is the student’s responsibility to be on time. Class cancellations require 24 hours’ notice.
How do I earn free classes?
Commit to making self-care a priority! Buy 10 classes and get 1 free. You may spend your free credit on any class.
How do the class credits work?
Each class costs 1 credit. The more credits you buy, the more you save. Buy 10 classes and get 1 free!
$12 for 1 credit
$30 for 3 credits (save 20%)
$100 for 11 credits (save 25%)
Create online class scheduling user account to purchase credits. Paypal and credit cards accepted.
How should I dress for a EMYoga, Qigong, or Tai Chi Easy class?
You do not need to buy special clothes. Wear loose, comfortable clothing.
Where can I purchase a yoga mat and yoga accessories?
Peaceful Heart recommends Hugger Mugger mats. Yoga bolsters, blocks, and straps are also available to purchase on this link for home practice and online classes.
What is the difference between meditation and mindfulness?
Meditation is defined as ‘the practice of concentrated focus upon a sound, object, visualization, the breath, movement, or attention itself in order to increase awareness of the present moment, reduce stress, promote relaxation and enhance personal and spiritual growth’. Usually meditation is a timed and practiced in a seated position. Mindfulness practice is less formal, can be practiced anytime, anywhere, and is an integral part of meditation. It means being aware and paying attention on purpose to the present moment no matter what we are doing. Both meditation and mindfulness practice are incorporated into all Peaceful Heart Yoga classes. Present moment awareness is what connects us with our ‘Peaceful Heart’, the peace that is always within us.
What are the benefits and how can I join P4PH Membership Program?
What are the benefits of P4PH Membership?
- Learn techniques to immediately manage stress and release it from body for better health. The sooner individuals clear stress from their body the healthier they are. Chronic stress creates dis-ease in the body.
- Practice short, simple, daily practices to balance the mind-body each day for enhanced health, greater energy, happiness and internal peace no matter what is happening in one’s life or the world.
- Closed captioning seated and standing videos are available so students have options and honor their body by practicing techniques safely.
- Videos can be accessed 24/7 at the student’s convenience in the comfort of their own home or safe space without wearing a mask.
- Ability to practice with instructor every day . Daily short practices are beneficial for balancing body, managing stress and optimizing function faster than one day a week practice.
How many videos are in the P4PH Membership collection?
P4PH has a growing collection of over 100 closed captioning videos.
What is the P4PH Membership cancellation policy?
Membership can be cancelled at any time.
What technology do I need to access P4PH Membership?
Membership is accessible from computer, cell phone, ipad or tablets. Some students prefer to connect their device to television set for larger screen.
What if I have injuries or illness?
All practices can be practiced by EVERY body, including those with injuries, illness and/or chronic health condition(s). Variations are provided so each person can customize their practice for how they are feeling each day. Students are encouraged to listen to their body when it speaks, honor how they feel and practice daily either seated, standing or even laying down. Daily practice yields positive results for enhanced health and well-being.
What is EMYoga™?
EMYoga stands for ‘Energy Medicine Yoga’. It is a practice that combines ‘yoga’ with ‘energy medicine’ to balance the body daily. Energy medicine utilizes simple techniques such as tapping, tracing meridians, massaging acupressure points, and breath-work to move stuck energy, release pain, and change habit fields for better health. When these techniques are incorporated into a yoga class transformative physical, mental, emotional, and energetic healing begins!
What is Medical Qigong?
Qigong (pronounced chee-gung) is an ancient Chinese practice that is designed to improve the fundamental life energy (qi) for enhanced overall health and well-being. Medical Qigong has four essential techniques for qi cultivation:
1. Postural Alignment/Gentle Movements
3. Deep Relaxation/Meditation
4. Self-Applied Massage
There are numerous physical and mental health benefits from practicing Medical Qigong daily, including stress reduction, greater energy, stronger immune system, lower anxiety, and increased circulation. It is often practiced in conjunction with other medical treatments for chronic conditions, disease prevention, longevity, clarity of mind and to increase the body’s self-healing capacity. Qigong teaches us how to listen to our body, remain in the present moment and choose health over dis-ease.
What is Tai Chi Easy™?
Tai Chi Easy is a self-care mind-body practice to promote good health and peace of mind through a moving meditation that rejuvenates the body. A sequence of balanced, relaxed postures is practiced while focusing on the breath and present moment awareness to calm the mind. It was developed by Dr. Roger Jahnke, Doctor of Oriental Medicine, to make the traditional practice of Tai Chi accessible and fun for all individuals, including those living with chronic health conditions that require variations. The practices are designed to prevent illness and optimize function.
Tai Chi requires minimal space so it can be practiced anyplace, anytime, regardless of age, background, gender, ability or the weather. It is believed that those who practice daily over an extended period of time ‘will gain the pliability of a child, the health of a lumberjack, and the peace of mind of a sage.’
What is the difference between traditional exercises such as aerobics, cycling, weight training and EMYoga, Qigong and Tai Chi Easy?
EVERY body can participate in low impact activities like EMYoga™, Qigong and Tai Chi Easy™. They focus on connecting the breath, mind, and body for enhanced health and optimal function. Many high impact activities do not address the mind-body connection and are not accessible for EVERY body, especially those with injuries and chronic health conditions. The mind-body connection is the key for greater health, happiness and peace of mind regardless of individual circumstances.
What does accessible class mean?
Accessible means that ANYONE can attend class and reap the rewards of a Yoga or Qigong practice, regardless of ability or background. Peaceful Heart provides equal access to these ancient teachings so our community of diverse students feel welcome, participate in a safe, brave environment, and are empowered to begin their own individual transformative journey.
What does inclusive class mean?
Inclusive is defined as ‘not excluding any of the parties or groups involved in something’. Peaceful Heart welcomes EVERY body who can breathe to participate in our classes.